Help for Parents & Children

Kawartha Haliburton CAS

  • Help for Parents & Children

Serving: Children & their families
Region: Peterborough (County of), City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton County
Phone: (705) 743-9751
Toll Free: 1 (800) 661-2942


KHCAS is a child protection agency who is committed to protecting children and youth from abuse and neglect. They provide help to strengthening the ability of parents and families so they can meet the Childs needs while also providing safe, enduring placements when they are at risk.

Services: Children’s Services, Family Services, Legal Services, and more.

Social Services – City of Peterborough

  • Housing Help
  • Help for Parents & Children

Serving: Singles, Seniors and families
Region: Peterborough and Peterborough County
Phone: (705) 748-8830
Toll Free: 1 (855) 738-3755
After Hours Emergencies: (705) 926-0096

Social Services – City of Peterborough

Offer various community services to community members to help people discover new ways to move forward.

Services: Ontario Works, Emergency Assistance, The Housing Stability Fund, Children’s Services, and Housing and Shelter.

Peterborough Public Health

  • Support & Referrals
  • Medical Services
  • Help for Parents and Children

Serving: Everyone
Region: Peterborough (County of), Peterborough City, Curve Lake First Nation, Hiawatha First Nations
Phone: (705) 743-1000

Peterborough Public Health

Offers a wide range of programs and services including, but not limited to, home visiting programs for parents, poverty reduction initiatives, infectious disease investigations, food premises and safe water inspections, and clinics offering vaccination, oral health and sexual health services.

We could use your help - donate to our holiday giving campaign today!

CCRC will be closed at 3 pm on June 28th and all day July 1st for the Canada Day Weekend

CCRC will be closed at 3 pm on Feb 16 and all day Monday February 19 for Family Day.