How can you help?

Our services address many needs of individuals, couples, and families, including people who are:

  • seeking to improve their personal well-being
  • seeking assistance with relationship issues
  • dealing with issues related to violence and other forms of abuse
  • in transition through separation, divorce and other family stresses
  • needing support to continue caregiving
  • dealing with anxiety or depression
  • These are just examples. We deal with a large variety of issues. If you feel that counselling may be helpful to you, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss our services.

Who is eligible for counselling?

Professional Counselling services are available to everyone in Peterborough City and County. Our services are available in accessible locations. Outreach counselling is available by appointment in Havelock.

Do I need a referral?

No, you do not need a referral to obtain counselling. We do ask that the person requiring counselling call us to arrange the service.

Is this service confidential?

All CCRC services are private and confidential within the agency. We only release information with your written consent, with the exception of circumstances where we are required by law to release information for the protection of the client or others. Such cases include situations where there is imminent danger to you or others, such as cases of child protection.

Who are your counsellors?

The counselling staff at Professional Counselling are experienced professionals with advanced post-secondary education in social work, family therapy or  psychology and are members of a professional body and/or regulatory college.
Should you become one of our clients, we realize that it is important for you to feel comfortable with your counsellor, and most of our clients report very high satisfaction with their counselling experience. However, if for any reason you do not find that your counsellor is a good “fit” for you, please speak with him or her about the situation or call your counsellor’s supervisor. Together we’ll find a solution.

Is this service covered by OHIP?

Our services are not covered by OHIP, but through the generosity of our funders, they are provided free of charge for those unable to pay. For all others, fees are determined based on income and family size.  Your health benefits may also cover some or all of your fees.

How do I arrange an appointment?

To arrange counselling, please phone our intake worker at (705)742-4258 for a  a brief interview to assess your needs.

When is the counselling centre open?

Our switchboard is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some evening appointments are available on request.

Is parking available?

Yes, there is ample parking at our counselling office at 459 Reid Street.

What bus do I take to get to the counselling office?

Our Reid Street location is served by the Route #2 (Chemong/Portage) bus.

What if I need to speak to someone now?

If you are in crisis and need to speak to someone right away, please call the 4 County Crisis line at 1-866-995-9933. 4 County Crisis is a free service available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.