Welcome to CCRC’s Professional Counselling program. Our skilled professional therapists will help you explore and understand your issue and assist you to develop solutions. We use a short-term to mid-term model of therapy, meaning that most issues are resolved in a maximum of six to twelve sessions.
We provide counselling for individuals, couples, and families. We also offer a number of counselling groups. We help people facing challenges related to personal well-being, relationships, family issues, parenting, aging, grief and loss, caregiving, separation/divorce, or any form of abuse including elder abuse and domestic violence.
Our core service is providing general counselling services to the community. However, we also offer a number of specialized counselling programs, including:
- Individual counselling for women and their children who have experienced domestic violence or abuse
- Individual and group counselling for survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault, to reduce the effects of trauma
- Groups for women and their children (ages 4 – 16) who have witnessed or experienced violence in the home, so that the impact of the trauma is lessened
- Groups for women who have experienced abuse or trauma and their children ages 0-4 to strengthen the bonds between mothers and children
- Individual and/or group counselling to provide information and support for caregivers
- Individual, couple and family counselling to members of our community over the age of 60
- Fees are geared to income and no one is turned away due to an inability to pay. Our services are offered in accessible locations, and outreach counselling is available by appointment in Havelock.
For more information take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), or call us at (705) 742-4258.
Professional Counselling is accredited with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.